Saturday 6 June 2015

India

WOMEN "TEA PICKERS" IN THE MIDST
Darjeeling :  West Bengal.

 Due to bad communications and and a few problems have been rather slow at updating my blog..and now with good communication feel that It is possible.. As mentioned in a previous post my reasons for going up to Darjeeling were a few..The main one being to ride the famous. "Toy Train " of The Darjeeling Himalayan railways and look forward to posting some great pics on here...another reason was to get to a cooler area for awhile  to avoid the extreme temperatures in the south.. Unfortunately after a day in Darjeeling I acquired really bad food poisoning that grounded me " for four days." hence the lack of information that I have been able to post.. The owner of the guesthouse where I was staying helped me immensely in my dire time of need and now am doing my best to rebuild some strength...I will write more in depth about my wonderful ride on the "Blue Train" and all that is involved in doing so.. One other problem that I overlooked was the acclimatisation period in coming to terms with the high altitudes here in Darjeeling.  This excaserbated my predicament at the time.

  .The views from my balcony on some days were spectacular with most of the time due to the altitude it was in the clouds and fog mostly.I was disappointed in the fact that the time that I had allotted for my visit to Sikkim had to be be put off for another time as was still feeling rather weak to travel., also think that the extra few thousand feet in altitude would have been too difficult at the time .I was really surprised at the amazing traffic congestion in Darjeeling and expected the air to be of a better quality...this is due to the what seem like hundreds of "Jeep" share taxis that make the daily runs to Gangtok in Sikkim and to the Main Railway Sation  at(Jaipilguri ) some four hours back down the mountain...while at the station .I also book my onward train ticket to Varanassi for the day after ...more to come soon now that I have good comp...communication..thanks for reading.. and your interest..Darjeeling is famous the world over for its fine teas that are grown here in these high altitudes...Going down to mountain i saw many women "picking Tea" in the mist as I was going down the mountain in my" share taxi".. Also to be seen is a huge military presence that is in these highland regions with big military bases protecting Indians northern borders..
                      WOMEN "TEA PICKERS" IN THE MOUNTAINS OF DARJEELING.
Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment

Australia

                                                 HAPPY EATER TO AL  VIEWERS   Well a hot day in Sydney tody  so good to be on here once agai...