Saturday 10 October 2015

Greece

ATHENS   ACROPOLIS.AND PARTHENON.

GREEK CEREMONIAL GUARD

  Athens : GREECE:

My visit to Athens was as not as long as I wanted it to be..unfortunately.. I arrived on an Olympic flight from Izmir and it was late afternoon.. as advised I headed for the bus stop after clearing immigration and I found the city bus that I wanted and  fares were free...all transport was free..well..this is a change..I had previously booked a hostel in town and was there in no time..The main thing at this time was to get something to eat and I was really looking forward to getting into many of those legendary Greek Salads...and I was not dissapointed.
ATHENS NATIONAL LIBRARY
Next day was  a great day walking allover in many parts of the city..Really enjoying the Greek food and coffee...chatting with many locals whom all had a relative living somewhere in Australia and complaining about where there country was at this period in time, its economy and its huge debts.!!
 I also did a quick once around on the "Red Bus"...The hop on " Hop Off" bus I have found is always a great way to go and good value to check the city venues that I wanted to visit. The Acropolis, The Parthenon, Also was great chance to visit the Hard Rock cafe...a venue I visit in all the cities I visit if one is available..love HRC.'s..
WATCH THE CHANGING OF THE GUARD..GREEK STYLE.

MY METRO STATION  OMONIA..

HARD ROCK CAFE ATHENS

MUCH OF THE ACROPOLIS  UNDER  RESTORATION..THIS WAS A BIG  DISAPPOINTMENT.   NEXT TIME !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Australia

                                                 HAPPY EATER TO AL  VIEWERS   Well a hot day in Sydney tody  so good to be on here once agai...