Monday 16 May 2016

Australia.

THE "GULFLANDER " IN THE SATION ...NORMANTON. FNQ.







THE "ICONIC" PURPLE PUB..AND AUSSIE GEM.











NICE PIC OF THE "GULFLANDER"

AT BLACK BULL STOP FOR MORNING TEA

AT THE STATION.

NORMANTON RAILWAY STATION.


Normanton : FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND

I love trains and railway stations This particular "Maxi card" first day release by Australia post shows this wonderful little train " The Gulflander" in the station that is located in the town of Normanton in FNQ...and is a very popular train with train buffs" worldwide ..who travel to this small town to see and ride it to a town a few hours away called Croydon..The train lovingly is called the "Tin Hare" and carries goods to the far outlying farms and properties in the area..I and a bunch of friends and family had driven out here and excitedly booked our tickets for the following mornings journey.as sometimes the small allocation of seats is booked out.This train journey I must say was a really great experience and also a very unique train to ride..The train stops after a few hours travel in a place called "Black Bull" where local country women put on a morning tea" of fresh hot scones with "strawberries and cream""oh this was just so good..A few other stops were made along the line for locals to pick up deliveries from the train..I will attatch a few pics of my own from this great little train journey..Also I added a pic of the famous Aussie icon The Purple pub" that is also located in Normanton and a great place to blow the froth off a few cold beers in the north Queensland heat of the day..

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Australia

                                                 HAPPY EATER TO AL  VIEWERS   Well a hot day in Sydney tody  so good to be on here once agai...