Friday 21 October 2016

United States of America.


Nashville TENNESEE :

 What a great card showing the famous train from the US Civil War.."The General" This train holds a special place in the history of the US Civil War..Thank you so much for this great card Mel and Boyd..
Posted Nashville TN : 24 September : Arrived Sydney : 20 October : Traveled 26 days. love the stamp/!!
THE GENERAL.:
On April 12th 1862 James J Andrews and a band of Union spies stole the locomotive "The General" from under the watchful eyes of guards at nearby camp Mc.Donald while all passengers and crew were eating their breakfast at the Lacy Hotel.This famous  locomotive can be seen at the Southern Museum of The Civil War in Kennesaw Georgia.


1 comment:

  1. Hello Dennis,

    I am referred by Fiona Wong from Malaysia and I am also a postcrosser plus a big fan of train! It is so nice to meet you and read your postcard blog (I have my blog too, but I update once a month and I used to write in Chinese).

    I have some train postcards that I got from my previous train trips. Would you like to swap? If yes, please let me know your postal address :) We may share with each others about trains and postcrossing too.

    You may contact me at phoebewai54@gmail.com . Looking forward to your reply!

    ReplyDelete

Australia

                                                 HAPPY EATER TO AL  VIEWERS   Well a hot day in Sydney tody  so good to be on here once agai...