Thursday 25 September 2014

Malaysia.



Sarawak : Borneo :MALAYSIA.  (Journey #1 )
 I see a vast difference after I arrive in Miri Sarawak from Sabah.. This is another autonomous region another passport control..at this particular time there is a medical emergency with a bad flu outbreak in Asia...so all travelers are vigilantly checked after the appropriate paper work is dealt with.. The flight was short and fine but was hard not to notice the devistation to forrested areas for the planting of Palm Oil Plantations.Miri is a lot quieter than Sabah and is nice to take in the nice city and its local foods..My stay here is a short five days and organise a ride north to Bruneii with some local travelers.
 This was another place that I wanted to visited while here in Borneo..I wanted to also visit nearby Indonesian Kalimantan who's border was not far away. but time was the essence here for my ride north.This is a souvenir card from my visit here to Miri in Sarawak..Posted home May 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Australia

                                                 HAPPY EATER TO AL  VIEWERS   Well a hot day in Sydney tody  so good to be on here once agai...