Sunday 17 January 2016

Slovakia.

THE SLOVAK NATIONAL THEATRE    BRATISLAVA

BRATISLAVA CASTLE AND THE DANUBE RIVER.

WONDERFUL BUSSES

LOVELY SURA..

Bratislava. SLOVAKIA.
I at last am writing up about my wonderful stay in Bratislava , Slovakia , on my recent journey by train through Eastern Europe. Bratislava was the real highlight from this long trip and was really overjoyed when I was met by my wonderful host at the main railway station...for it was here that I at long last got to meet my great mate Sura....What a wonderful host she was for me during my stay here in this lovely city of Bratislava.. She saw to my everything..explaining the transport system , to my accommodation for me...organised the most yummy food ..and Cakes....Oh My !!! WE also we had many day trips to the country and to Czech Republic to visit some of the most magnificent Castles .. This was truly a wonderful "chill " after the previous two months of travel that had at some periods became difficult to say the least ..especially after bad food poisoning in India..
      I will write of the Castle visits to the Czech Republic on another posting on here..
   Bratislava was for me a place where I felt really comfortable...you know that feeling you sometimes get in a new place..!!! well this for me was just right...the transport system of trams and busses was easy to use , very cheap and frequent ..I stayed near the tram terminus so there was no way that I could get lost ...smile. and the bus stopped right outside the door....how good is that !!!..loved my visits to the old town with its "Olde Charm" and magnificent architecture.. I spent many days walking allover the city visiting and always had some time of most days in the old town...enjoying a beer as it was very hot summer..This for me was the most enjoyable stay in all my travel on this trip through nine countries..
    ::These postcards were souvenirs of my visit to Bratislava posted home..:

         Thank you so much Sura for making my stay such a wonderful memory for me of this trip..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Australia

                                                 HAPPY EATER TO AL  VIEWERS   Well a hot day in Sydney tody  so good to be on here once agai...