Tuesday 26 May 2020

India



Darjeeling : INDIA.

  What a great card  Thank you so much Poonam for this card..  so many memories here..  I also traveled up here th Darjeeling to ride this famous train  "The Toy Train " This "Blue Train" of The Himalayan Railway " is quite famous and built for the British "Raj " to  access the mountains and avoid the heat of  the stifiling summer heat  in the lowlands. Organising a ticket was not an easy  process but eventually I got my ticked and joined this unique train...This is a most enjoyable train journey through the  streets of the various towns while ending up at the highest train station Ghum"
Thank you so much Poonam for this great card .. I love it..I could not find such a card when I was there /
Posted 29 February : Arrived Sydney 26 May : Traveled 87  days.  Ther must be so many cards out there in Postal world !!! . Also thanks for the great stamps..
I have attatched some of myown photos from my trip on the "Toy Train".

GHUM RAILWAY STATION.

LEAVING THE STATION.

HISTORY OF THE D H R.

THROUGH THE NARROW STREETS.

FIRING UP THE "BLUE TRAIN"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Australia

                                                 HAPPY EATER TO AL  VIEWERS   Well a hot day in Sydney tody  so good to be on here once agai...