Sunday 18 January 2015

Vanuatu..


The "Pilot boat" shows us the way to our berth.

Hard tedious work "Husking Coconuts." produce market....Port Villa.
No shortage of coconuts..sit under the palm tree in the shade.

local clothing and Arts market.. Port Villa.
 Port Villa. VANUATU

The day is very hot and humid temperature around 32-34 degrees C..as I love to walk around any new place that I visit I soon become really hot and look for cool drink..coconut milk is my favourite..and costs very little.. I go to the Department of Customs and get my passport stamped.. The officer asks how long my boat will be here !!...as he thinks that I have just arrived on my personal sailing yacht and are reporting my arrival.it all seems so casual.Island time takes a little time to get used to...as there is never any hurry for anything...I assure him that I am only in the islands of Vanuatu for another week...and he obligingly stamps my passport.. I find a cool cafe and write some postcards to some of the many friends who have asked for a card from this destination.next thing to do.!!! find the Post Office..


No comments:

Post a Comment

Australia

                                                 HAPPY EATER TO AL  VIEWERS   Well a hot day in Sydney tody  so good to be on here once agai...