Sunday 18 January 2015

Vanuatu.



Just have to have my coconut milk drink.!!.
 Port Villa.: VANUATU.:
 After sailing all night we arrive in the Port Of Port Villa.. Vanuatu in The New Hebrides.
 As it is a major port The "Port Pilot boat" is to show us to our berth and The boat quickly docks .I.have breakfast and go ashore. This is for me excitement and  I share a "Taxi Van"  with six other people as The major township is some kilometers away from the port..I am quite happy to set out around the town and try a local coffee ..It's good.and look at local markets.
    I go to the local bank and Exchange some dollars for local currency..Now I'm off to the markets which I had passed previously.....Here, there is a large range of vegetables , local produce and tropical fruits...and my first stop is to a woman "Husking " coconuts and she quickly cuts the top off one for me to drink.. I absolutely love coconut milk and drink when ever I get the chance..Typically I spill it all down the front of my shirt...bummer... The market holds many different things and I love to watch the locals do their weekly shopping and tie it up in banana leaves to protect and to carry home.I find it very interesting just watch the locals and the simplicity which is their everyday life.
Packing up the groceries.

Husking coconuts...for sale and ready to eat and drink..

The absolute beauty of living in this part of the world and the colours that are so wonderfully vibrant in the tropics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Australia

                                                 HAPPY EATER TO AL  VIEWERS   Well a hot day in Sydney tody  so good to be on here once agai...