Wednesday 11 February 2015

Portugal


 Portugal:

 I have received this card from a very dear friend in Portugal.. I am told that this is a very old postcard !! I like it even more because it is an old card, as it is such a fine card....I love it!!...I see the very special stamp applied which is a set really.. I am so happy to receive such stamps knowing that my friend that sends it,  has to stand in line at the post office (usually) , buy the stamp..and affix it carefully to the card that they have also just purchased ,and then  hand write the card an act of love and friendship.This is why postcards mean so much to me.Thank you so much dear Graca. Abrigado.

This card shows The facade of the Monastery of Alcobaca in Portugal. The construction of this large Monastery was ordered by Portugal's first King  (XI Century ) and was one of the most important of the Medieaval Monastery's in Portugal.There was a special canal that was diverted directly into the Monastery so fresh fish were always there to be caught for consumption by the local resident order of monks.This is a World Hertage site since 1989.
 Posted 15 January 2015.:Arrived Sydney 10 February 2015 : Traveled 26 days.. Abrigado Graca..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Australia

                                                 HAPPY EATER TO AL  VIEWERS   Well a hot day in Sydney tody  so good to be on here once agai...