Monday 28 July 2014

Australia


Fremantle : WA.    ( Journey # 2 )
 This is a souvenir card from my visit to  Perth Western Australia and then here to  Fremantle . I have always liked Fremantle a lovely old Australian City.. and while here one of the places I visited was the Fremantle Prison.. Fremantle Prison is the largest "Convict built " structure in Western Australia and is the most intact and well preserved Convict establishment in the whole of the country. After almost 140 years of operation it has only recently been decommissioned in 1991. The Multi- views show (l) main cell block and Gallows, (c) solitary confinement (r) Gatehouse cell 1860-1870
     Fremantle was also my departure point for my ferry excursion and visit to Rottnest Island.
Posted  Home 08 April 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Australia

                                                 HAPPY EATER TO AL  VIEWERS   Well a hot day in Sydney tody  so good to be on here once agai...