Monday 10 August 2015

India

DARJEELING MONASTERY..JUST LIKE TIBET

IN THE "CHOWRASTA" (TOWN SQUARE ) DARJEELING

SLOW GOING...DOWN THE MO0UNTAIN TO JAIPALGURI STATION

RELAXING IN THE CHOWRASTA.

SUCH LOADS THESE WOMEN CARRY..

THE CLOCK TOWER WHERE THE TAXIS ARE

DARJEELING.:

I find that there is more that I would like to say on Darjeeling...also more photos and cards to add.. My biggest problem when I arrived in Darjeeling was coping with all the very steep hills...all streets are steep...fine going down but coming back a major problem...with the altitude a bit too high for me I had some problems..and had to stop every five minutes to catch my breath...as everywhere I went here I walked ,so,  it took some getting used to. I had met a young Nepalese man who was to be a wonderful guide and had a lot of local knowledge he shared and was great to be with him when he was around. He helped me get my tickets for the" Blue Train" and also my Train ticket from NPG to Varanassi., as previously mentioned the little "Blue Train " was the main reason that I was in Darjeeling although the lower temperatures were most welcomed. I must say I enjoyed my ride through the streets on the "Blue Train" and was quite amazed at how close it was to the local houses sometimes brushing on plants in their garden.. also I was rather lucky with the weather as up here it is usually shrouded in fog and mist...but some days I was rewarded with beautiful clear skies. I enjoyed the "Chowrasta" and would sit in the sun and have a lovely cup of tea delivered to my bench..was so good. One day that I was at the Chowrasta I walked right around in a semi circle that goes around the point and the views are quite magnificent making one realise the altitude..also it was so lovely and cool..



DON'T WORRY !!
IT'S ALREADY TOMORROW IN AUSTRALIA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Australia

                                                 HAPPY EATER TO AL  VIEWERS   Well a hot day in Sydney tody  so good to be on here once agai...