Saturday 28 June 2014

A Little About Me

I live in Sydney..A city I like with a warm climate of long hot summers and short winters. I have always had a great desire to travel and work in many different countries to enjoy the various cultures, listen to their music, eat the various foods and try and learn some of the many different languages. Traveling of course is the best opportunity to collect your postcards. I love to travel and when I do it is by train whenever possible. I love to ride the great trains of the world and have been "Around the World" by train.  ie: across Australia by Indian Pacific and the Ghan,  across to Indonesia. then from Singapore to London including the trans Mongolian railway from Beijing to Moscow...through east and  western Europe to London..and allover the USA by Amtrak's many famous train Journeys.

"They Call me the breeze",.I just keep  rollin' down the road." They call me the breeze" I just keep rollin' down the road .I ain't hidin' from nobody, I ain't carrying no heavy load..
These words from a  favourite musician I've liked for 40 years.. J.J.Cale..  R.I.P.   23.7.13

Postcards,.Photography and music have always been prominent in my life..I play guitar and like different genres of music...mainly Rock, Blues , Country and Flamenco..My ambition is to travel to 100 countries..and am well on the way. 
    Postcards are also a prominent part of my travel and  when  traveling  I send myself and friends  postcards from wherever possible...with the date, what the weather is like, and what I have done in that destination..then post them  home. ( I also look to see that.. the cards are stamped by the PO official to" MAKE SURE" that they are sent.. and the stamps are NOT removed after my  leaving the post Office). then  when I arrive home (hopefully ) all the cards have arrived and are like a travel journal..My postcard   "Likes" are  varied and I am trying to receive a card from each of the various countries of the world with local stamps franked....trains cards, of course are a lot of my collection..thanks for reading my pages.
 Remember: low impact travel..tread lightly.. take only photos..be kind to all living things.

BY LEAPS AND BOUNDS THE KANGAROO GETS TO WHERE HE IS GOING !

Postcard collectors reading this and wanting a card from Australia,  can send me a card from your location and I will send a card from here in Sydney by return mail..You can message me with your postal address.OR write it on your card.  .I'd love to hear from you..!

THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS A STRANGER !!! .JUST SOMEONE YOU HAVE NOT MET YET.!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Australia

                                                 HAPPY EATER TO AL  VIEWERS   Well a hot day in Sydney tody  so good to be on here once agai...