Sunday 17 July 2022

Aussie Blog .




                        The 4201 looking splendid in its New South Wales livery of Green and Gold.!

This week afterr just so many days of rain my daughter Kristy organised a family day out to theNew South Wales Government Railways Train Museum..and as luck had it  it turned out to be a wonderful sunny day..The Children were so excited as they had never ridden a steam ttrain before .  We had booked tickets for the "Midday Flyer" and everyone was eagerly a wiating for the arrival of our steam engine !! The sound of train whsitles and steam clouds created excitement among the children there , the kids were loving it !!  and I must admit that I was also...The train arrived on time with many visitors on the platform and was plenty of room for all.  The old carriages with such lovely wooden interiors bought back many memories to te trains when I was a lot younger than I am  today.the train tavels out into the local areas for about 40 kilometers before the engine is removed and then does a swithback and the front then becomes the back for ur return journey... such fun !
 
   
I had not been ti the museum for some years and it was so good to get another dose of the nostalgia of all the fine engines of all types and a vast array of rolling stock there that was accessible to all visitors.I have added some of the many photos that I took o the day.. I hope that you enjoy this as much as I did..
 The grandkids cant get there quick enough!
This is The Lounge car  carriage of "The Southern Aurora" the \express that used to tavel between Sydney and Melbourne.. I loved the name.!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Australia

                                                 HAPPY EATER TO AL  VIEWERS   Well a hot day in Sydney tody  so good to be on here once agai...