Saturday 30 May 2015

India

THE WONDERFUL CHENNAI "CENTRAL"  RAILWAY STATION   CHENNAI


WASHING DAY..

THE PLACE TO STAY IN CHENNAI.
MARKET  CHENNAI..

Chennai : Tamil Nadu.

My introduction to India:    Upon my arrival in Chennai this was one of a breath taking experience ...literally..as I found out after going through Immigration formalities, and once upon leaving the airport building to be hit with an overwhelming blast of "the heat of the day " and apparently a record here in Chennai also as I was told, with the huge humidity factor  to add to the temperature I was told that it was 50 plus degrees. This was a new experience in fatigue...after just a short time...I was just so glad to reach my destination .." The Red Lollipop Hostel.". and what a great place it is...can't say enough "good remarks about this hostel, also in a great location
Chennai was a period of coming to terms with the oppressively hot temperatures and during the mid part of the day it was a case of  finding somewhere cool it is certainly too hot to go" out and about" exploring.I visit Hard Rock Chennai with some American friends we all welcome a big hamburger with the lot..I also get my guitar pin..Another night we visit "Everything BBQ" this reputed to be the best in the city ( I hope to post pics on here soon..) This was really a great place with a BBQ done at the table..a memorable experience.. I decide that it is way to hot here in Chennai and change my plans from travelling west to Cochin and the coast and go to  Chennai Central Railway Station where I quickly find the "Foreigners " booking office that have a special allotment of tickets for foreign travelers.and easily obtain a ticket on the "Coromadel Express" to Kalkota.I also check out the station so as I will know where to go when leaving...once again masses of travelers coming and going with  people and baggage scattered allover..Indian trains and their marvellous Train Stations ...something else..such an unbeleiveable network of trains..a legacy from British rule.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Australia

                                                 HAPPY EATER TO AL  VIEWERS   Well a hot day in Sydney tody  so good to be on here once agai...