Monday 18 May 2015

Sri Lanka.

THE HUGE TEMPLE STATUE ON THE POINT.

TRINCOMALEE'S POST OFFICE.

ANOTHER SCENE FROM THIS HUGE TEMPLE.

 LOVELY DEER ROAM FREE EVERYWHERE

LOVELY BEACHES HERE

WATER IS CLEANER HERE IN TRINCO..



Trincomallee. SRI LANKA :

Today here in Trincomalee locally known as " Trinco " and located at the north eastern coastal part of the island .Trinco has a major port  to handle shipping, and Trinco is also known for its many lovely beaches and is a very popular tourist destination..I am here for two days and today once again I hired a Tuk-Tuk to see the various sites that are to be seen here..I have found that Tuk- Tuk hire is a cheap an ideal way to get about to the places that you choose to visit..They are prolific and there is always one there when you want one...just you need good nerves to travel this way.. The trip here from Kandy was a seven hour bus trip as trains were booked out..I must note here that anyone considering a bus journey here in Sri Lanka should be prepared for a "white knuckle " ride..as the  travel by a long distance bus ride  is raised to a new level of awareness...with the majority of this journey being done on the wrong side of the road..I dont usually travel bus if I can at all avoid it.. .My Tuk-Tuk driver makes a visit to show me the the beach and waits while I have a quick 'dip"..another stop was at the top of the point where there is located  a huge Hindu Temple..that overlooks the ocean..This is a wonderful structure painted brightly and with a long history..I also visit The Main Railway Station and make a booking for my overnight train journey return to Colombo. These postcards are card souvenirs that I have posted home...
I will write more on this page as I don't have my notes with me at this time....
 I will add pics and cards soon for this place...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Australia

                                                 HAPPY EATER TO AL  VIEWERS   Well a hot day in Sydney tody  so good to be on here once agai...