Saturday 16 May 2015

Sri Lanka.


Colombo:  Sri Lanka.

Hi Folks.and thought it time that I started adding to my Travel blog as I have been traveling now for over a week. I will add my cards and photos at a later stage.already have posted cards home from four destinations but, first things first. I departed Sydney on the 6th May with a Qantas flight to Singapore , a good flight also  I may add..here in Singapore there was a three hour layover as no direct direct flights were available. The flight from Singapore to Sri Lanka was also an uneventful flight arriving in Colombo International Airport now after some 15 hours already of travel. I had a taxi waiting which I had previously booked through the hostel  due to the lateness of my arrival. .The first really obviously thing was the heat..the extreme humidity.The taxi ride to the city was around 45 minutes.and must admit the thought of  getting to my room and having a shower was a very prominent thought at the time
..also I was really tired as it had been a long day traveling.The aptly named Beach Hostel didn't disappoint either as it was located just a few minutes walk from the surf.here also located was a fine bar and restaurant.with cheaply priced food and beverages. This Hostel turned out to be a good choice in a great location and rather cheap.just five minute walk from the beach..and resturants and bars...not far from town and a ride in a tuk tuk of some fifteen minutes or a train ride from nearby Mount Lavinia Station.
WONDERFUL FRESH FRUIT MARKETS..

MY DAILY DRINK OF COCONUT MILK..

ON THE BEACH AT MOUNT LAVINIA.

IS THAT MY TUK TUK..!!

HELLO..
An update on this one of the first that I wrote..now that I have some other cards and photos to add..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Australia

                                                 HAPPY EATER TO AL  VIEWERS   Well a hot day in Sydney tody  so good to be on here once agai...