Monday 18 May 2015

Sri Lanka.

COOLING OFF ON A VERY HOT HUMID DAY..

NOW BE A GOOD BOY

DONT LIKE THE CHAINS MUCH !!

A GOOD COOL OFF AGAIN..

Kandy: SRI LANKA.

A train journey of some five hours from The Main Railway Station ( The Fort ) in Colombo sees my arrival in Kandy. I travel on this trip 2nd Class as all of 1st  class is booked ..but I prefer the second class journey.. Here once again I try to locate a friend as I want to photograph some elephants..I hire a Tuk Tuk for the day and get to visit many different sites on the day ..The most prominent site for me was the "Elephant Bath" a local Elephant foundation for the preservation of the Elephants here.. Located about 80 kilometers  out of Kandy at a place called Pennuwalla.This is where you can get in the river with the elephants and "bathe an elephant" this was quite different...safety always a factor... and although all the elephants had a "mahout",   I was a bit dissapointed with their leg chains...on the day , on my Tuk- Tuk journey, I also visited a Spice garden, Tea Plantation where one tried the various flavours , and can purchase the local product..we stopped also at a Botanical Garden with various lovely tropical flowers and plants.
    Most afternoons see a thunderstorm with heavy rain but at least it cools things down...here because of its elevation the days a are a little cooler. I stop for my daily coconut water (milk ) I love it.. so refreshing...so inexpensive and safer than local water...and nourishing as well.. a win win.The woman makes short work of the coconut with her big sharp knife..
I AWAIT WITH GREAT ANTICIPATION..

SHE'S DONE THIS BEFORE..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Australia

                                                 HAPPY EATER TO AL  VIEWERS   Well a hot day in Sydney tody  so good to be on here once agai...