Sunday 1 November 2015

Hungary.

SOUVENIR CARD POSTED HOME FROM BUDAPEST

MY ARRIVAL AT KELETI ..MAIN RAILWAY STATION BUDAPEST.

BUDAPEST OPERA HOUSE.

ST.STEPHENS BASILICA.

HEROES SQUARE

CASTLE DISTRICT

ST.STEPHENS BASILICA.
Budapest.: HUNGARY:
 I was so looking forward to this destination as my next train stop in my European Odyssey of 2015 Budapest is a city that I have always wanted to visit but never seemed to make it...WELL, here I am and not disapointed, and  like Prague a beautiful city that surpasses any of my preconceptions...I have good accomodation organised here and the tranfer from  Railway Station to the Hostel was just a quick Metro ride ...I decided,  as I had in some other cities,  that I would firstly take a "Hop On Hop Off "  bus to see the many attractions that were to be visited here and also get an idea of all the different locations ..The Metro was easy to use and a great way to get around once I got my bearings..I was lucky also as I was staying in a great location in the city handy to so much...This is such a beautiful City I surely would like to re visit sometime again soon...the Architecture is mind boggling and I have always  compared this mentally to my favourite City Prague..I can only feel regret for people in the world who do not visit these such wonderful cities..I had been traveling at this stage on this trip for over two months now and realised that I still had a few places and countries to visit and was running out of time..As usual a lot of my time here in the city was spent walking and got to visit many wonderful sights and also some very interesting places It was so good to walk over Chain Bridge , and look to the many Bridges that crossed The Danube...a walk through The Jewish Quarter, Heroes Square, Opera House, and as I am a Military Historian I had to see the House of Terror..that was the old Gestapo and  The Arrow Cross ( secret police headquarters) ..This was a real eye opener..and splendidly set out ..a true Museum of local Oppression..I also visited as I always do The Hard Rock Cafe here in Budapest for a HRC hamburger and a few beers...more on that in another post..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Australia

                                                 HAPPY EATER TO AL  VIEWERS   Well a hot day in Sydney tody  so good to be on here once agai...