Saturday 12 September 2015

England

VICTORIA AUSTRALIA.

DURHAM  UNIVERSITY  ENGLAND.

KALGOORLIE  . WESTERN AUSTRALIA

COUNTRY VICTORIA   AUSTRALIA

England.: UK.:

A lovely card showing the many and various styles of Pillar Post boxes that have been in use and many are still today across The British Isles and the Commonwealth of countries..I enjoy these when I see them in various parts of Australia and always photograph them as each different design is from a different period in time..I have some that I will add to this post...more when I find them..

In the British Isles, the first pillar post boxes were installed in 1852. Between 1866 and1879 the hexagonal "Penfold" Post box became the standard design for pillar boxes and also during that period the colour red was first adapted as the standard colour to be used.
Thank you Tony for this postcard request.. I really like it as I collect postboxes also.

CHINA TOWN  SYDNEY

QUEEN VICTORIA ERA NTH ENGLAND

"THE ROCKS SYDNEY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Australia

                                                 HAPPY EATER TO AL  VIEWERS   Well a hot day in Sydney tody  so good to be on here once agai...