Monday 14 September 2015

Turkey

SO MANY LOVELY TYPES OF OLIVES.. WONDERFUL FOOD MARKETS.

LOVELY COLOURS IN THESE SPICES..
THE CLOCK TOWER
 IZMIR : TURKEY.:

MY ARRIVAL AT IZMIR AIRPORT.
 My arrival in Izmir was one of great excitement to be able to visit friends and Izmir a place that I had heard so much about and turns out certainly wasn't a disappointment..The day was a very hot one as my Global Airlines flight arrived and a taxi ride to my friends apartment was a relief  from the heat..A great welcome was waiting for me and I was to spend a wonderful time over the next  two weeks with this lovely family in and around the city of Izmir also down the coast on some lovely hot days at the beach. I found it very easy to get around with Izmir's wonderful  Metro and bus systems of transport.
Also  many nights were spent by the bay with its many restaurants and bars enjoying the wonderful warm summer evenings..The markets here were a great way to spend the day with their many arts and crafts but  I loved the leather shops for coats , jackets , and handbags, which were wonderful gifts also all the fragrant  fresh foods and colours of spices..
SUNSETS ON THE BAY IN IZMIR

A DAY OUT BY THE OCEAN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Australia

                                                 HAPPY EATER TO AL  VIEWERS   Well a hot day in Sydney tody  so good to be on here once agai...